Just a quick couple of updates for you.
– Firstly, is that I’ll be hitting 155 days sober tomorrow (Monday 5th June 2017).
Still have another two months till I beat the 8 months of sobriety of last year, which will be anot.her goal / milestone I’m looking to achieving.
– Secondly, did my first running event in three years today – I ran in the City 2 South 14KM run here in Brisbane. My target time was for around 1 hour 15 minutes.
The officially recorded time is 1 hour, 16 minutes and 38 seconds, with an average pace of 5 minutes 35 seconds per kilometer – so am very happy with the time.
Also, very much being back among the running event atmosphere & community, especially meeting all the different people at the post race event.
Other running events I’ve competed in are:
– Bridge to Brisbane (four times).
– Two half marathons (Brisbane Running Festival 2012 & Twilight Running Festival 2014).
– ANZAC Run in 2014, and some other local, smaller running events back in 2012
Have posted a picture of the City 2 South medal on my instagram page for those who would like to take a look.
Apart from that, nothing much to report. A few quick trips planned later in the year, which will be another blog post for another time.
Until next time,